Monday, October 11, 2010

Lights On (or off?)

October 29, 2008:
Tonight I decided to see if my floor lamp, that has not been working the past several weeks, would turn on. I flip on the switch and there was light! Cool. This hasn't happened for some time. The light stays on. Even better! About 30 minutes later it turns off. Oh well. About 5 minutes later it turns back on. ?? Another 5 minutes later it turns off. WTF? Faulty wiring, I suppose?

But then I got the bright idea (pun intended, sorry!) to ask Al if he was messing with the light. So I asked him if he would turn it back on. It immediately flickered on and off. I asked a second time, and again it immediately flickered on and off. I waited several moments and asked again. Same thing - flickers on and off at the same moment I ask. I'm sitting across the room from the light, no cats, moths, or breeze anywhere near the lamp. Concidence? Possibly. But weird it flickered exactly when I asked, and only when I asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment