Monday, October 25, 2010

Concidences?

March 14, 2009
Al & I had several weird things in common: we're both left handed, we both had the same exact blue point Siamese cat that we adored; they could have been twins. Mine was male, his female. Tonight I found another thing in common.

I used to always wear a watch, but haven't for years. But for some reason, tonight I decided I should have a working watch in case I needed it. For what, I don't know, but I just did. So I went through my drawer and found the watch I used to wear all the time. It has a black leather strap and wide round face with a second hand and date. There was something very familiar about it, other than I used to wear it. I went to my cedar box where I keep my most precious things and pulled out Al's watch. The crystal was cracked and it didn't work because Al was wearing it when he was in the accident. But it looked just like my watch that I had bought years before meeting Al. I turned over my watch and engraved in the back: "Italian design" Al being full blooded Italian, it just struck me as a bit odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment