Monday, October 25, 2010

Another coincidence?

March 18, 2009
I'm at work doing a mindless job. I'm thinking about things and for no reason in particular I think "who am I?" I hear Al's voice and in all his wit and humor he says, "You are a child of god." It was so funny the way he said it; I could totally hear his voice and get the intended joke. (We are (were) both not at all into religious dogma, but very spiritual, and we like to joke about ourselves and beliefs, keeping things light and fun.)

Of course I start questioning whether I really heard Al, or if I had made it up. I decided it was highly likely I had heard him because his voice was so clear, so unexpected, and it was so him.

About 5-10 minutes later my friend Jeanette calls. She HAD to tell me about something that had just happened. She used her speed dial (as usual) to call her friend Ann. A man answers so she asks for Ann. There's no Ann there (wrong number, but no way she could have mis-dialed since she used her pre-programmed speed dial). The guy who answered - his name is Al! What are the odds of:

a) her speed dial dialing a wrong number
b) the person at the end of the wrong number is named Al
c) I just had what I think is a communication from Al

All of these things happening pretty much simultaneously? It could happen, but pretty darn weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment